Sunday, May 23, 2010

Oh, and another thing. . .





Are you allowed more than one post per day? If not, please don't report me to the blog police - I'm still new at this! Okay, Sunday evening update: dinner was a smashing success. Curtis came over, Harris came home from the lake and the 4 of us had roast on our new deck furniture. Lovely evening, yummy food and some of my best work for company - good times! Here are the cobbler recipe and some photos.

Jamboree Peach Cobbler:
1/2 cup marg or butter (I use butter)
1 cup flour
2 cups sugar(divided)
1/2 tsp salt
1 Tbsp baking pwd
1 cup milk
3 cups fresh peeled sliced peaches (I use more)
1 tsp cinnamon
dash of nutmeg

Preheat over to 350 degrees. Melt marg in 9x13 baking dish. Sift flour, 1 cup sugar, salt & baking pwd; blend w/ milk. Pour mixture over melted marg. Spread peaches over this & sprinkle w/ other cup of sugar mixed w/ cinnamon. Bake about 50 mins. to 1 hr. Crust will magically appear & cover entire surface of cobbler.
Enjoy!

Recipe courtesy of my mother-in-law. Laundry is still tumbling but I took some time to clear off one of the more cluttered surfaces in my studio and make a list of projects and their degree of completion. Thankfully, the list is not as daunting as I imagined. I think I'll go to work tomorrow to take it easy for a few hours. . .

3 comments:

  1. Yum! The cobbler recipe sounds good, too, but the fabric--oh my!

    ReplyDelete
  2. The list is a great idea. Maybe I should do that? Might impart some illusion that I'm in control. lol

    ReplyDelete
  3. I am definitely going to make this cobbler..Nice blog Laura!

    ReplyDelete