Monday, May 31, 2010

Blog Interference


I have been to two weddings in the last two days. Memorial Day weekend and Curtis' best buddy Andrew married the lovely Courtney in New Braunfels. The adorable one between them is Andrew's daughter. Courtney stole my heart by making sure that Angelic Munchkin was involved in every part to the event. They took turns holding her as they cut the cake. They danced with her, separately and together. Oh her special wedding day, Courtney could have chosen to have this not quite 2 year old somewhere else. She did not. No wonder Andrew loves her so much! We had a blast at the reception. I dance with 2 of my sons. Curtis was the best man and in addition to having the rings ready at the appointed time during the ceremony, he made a pretty good toast to the happy couple at the reception. Video to be posted soon. Morgan was an usher and Ms. Desiree his lovely date. Those two are so nuts about each other, they almost outshined the bride and groom. Harris looked like Rick Castle - ruggedly handsome. Andrew and Courtney leave tomorrow for Navy life in California. I pray they have some wonderful adventure and are true to each other for ever.

Then there was the Monday morning wedding. A beautiful woman whom I've known since she was 14, who used to babysit for my boys - even before there were 4 of them - tied the knot with her Prince Charming. As Rachel and Robert beamed at the alter, the priest who officiated and who has also known this bride since her teen years when she babysat for his young children as well, said the sweetest things to the groom. He told him how long he had known the bride and that she was a brilliant, loving, wonderful person who was on the ball. He then told the groom that he must be someone very special if the bride had chosen him to share her life with. I felt exactly the same way! May they always feel as blessed to be in each others lives as they clearly felt as the exchanged vows this morning. Thank you Rachel and Robert for allowing me to witness this wonderful day in your lives.

So all I wanted to do this evening was get all this in writing and Her Royal Majesty, Princess Batik decided to take a kitten nap in my lap - with her head on the keyboard. I moved her, she went back. I put her on the floor, she came back to my lap and resumed her position. It sort of reminded me of dealing with a determined 2-year-old. I did, however, prevail in the end and here is the proof. It has been a really good Memorial Day weekend. I finished the lots-of-prep-work purse and it is most acceptable. I began and finished my last show quilt top. I made the backing for the other show quilt and took both of them to Wonder Wilma this afternoon to be quilted. I also made progress on a couple of other projects and have cleared the way my big June project which I am not at liberty to discuss just yet.

Well, it's almost June. I have lots on my calendar for June and I will end it by turning 50 years old. Those who know me might think it's just the 5th time I've turned 10. I am going to have some fun in the next few weeks. I might just get started on that in the morning - why waste time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment