Sunday, May 23, 2010

Ahhhhhh Sunday

Well here we are at 3:00 Sunday afternoon and so far - it's been a really productive day! I taught Sunday School for the last time this school year and the kids were great. I took a photo to post but I have to wait for one more parent to give me permission to post it before I can share. The Pentecost service was great complete with an awesome sermon. Then after a quick stop at Wally World to exchange a boo-boo purchase I made last night, I came home, started a roast (Sunday roast - gotta love that!), changed clothes and ran to the quilt shop. We won't talk about how it's my third trip there in as many days. They did not have the fabric I went to get. I had to change my game plan for my show quilt. Fortunately, I don't have much trouble with this sort of thing. I decided what plan B would be, made my purchase and headed home. I have now finished the quilt top for what will be one of 3 show quilts and it is so freakin cool!! Wanna see a photo? Too bad! I don't want to post a photo until show time in July.

Next on the agenda is some baking. I have to get a peach cobbler into the oven and then I will bake a loaf of beer batter bread to go with the roast. The peach cobbler will be made with peaches from our tree! They are delicious and thanks to my mother-in-law, I have a great recipe for cobbler. In between all this kitchen nonsense, I will knock out a couple of loads of laundry. Boring, I know, but I am building a picture of productivity here so I felt compelled to throw it in. Curtis is coming for dinner. Maybe Morgan and Harris too. Maybe I'll talk to Clayton and make it a perfect day. . .

2 comments:

  1. You know you have to give us the recipe for the peach cobbler and take photos as you cook it.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Need that beer batter bread recipe, too! You're making me tired just thinking about all your activity. Ah, youth. Great blog, chica.

    ReplyDelete