Saturday, June 12, 2010

A General Malaise




So here's the state of things. Harris' first 24 hours at home has been pretty good. His pain is under control. He slept well last night and deep into the morning and he has been eating most of the stuff I throw his way. He is bored and dreads being bored for 2 more months and I don't blame him. Hopefully at his 2 week check-up he can get permission to drive. Unfortunately, his car is a standard and he only has one driving foot. We can work around that though. If he has some freedom, recovery will be much easier - for everyone! While he was in the hospital, I finished binding 3 (yes, three) quilts.

One was a gift for Desiree. Her birthday was yesterday and I took her quilt to her as her gift. I think it is safe to say she very loved it. It was bright pink and purple and yellow and green. Her boys will be quite envious! I have plans for them though - just give me some time. The second one is one of my show quilts - no peeking until July. The third is a king sized one for Alexis. It's only the second king sized quilt I've ever made but it really turned out well. Wonder Wilma (my magical quilter) used a multi-colored thread on the quilt and the backing and it shows up so beautifully on the back that the quilt is just about reversible. I'm thinking about letting Kathy take it to her next month. I like for someone to tell me about the reaction if I can't see it for myself. Anyhow, after 4 days of handwork and 3 finished projects to show for it, I was able to finish another craft project that is a surprise for another group of friends. Photos of that after the reveal in July. Now I have some decisions to make. Shall I begin the quilt for our new bed or shall I work on a birthday gift for Hollis' mom? I have all I need for either thing; I just can't decide which one to make. Oh and I have a wall hanging I want to make too. I've been busy most of the day but I just feel this general malaise. I hope tomorrow finds me inspired. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment