Tuesday, June 22, 2010

Anticipation - too much of a good thing?

June seems to have me in a constant state of anticipation.  First there is my birthday on the 30th.  I'm turning 50 this year so I decided to party hardy to celebrate.  I can't wait for the party this weekend.  It is going to be a great time with friends and family.  But getting back to the beginning of the month.  Harris got hurt June 2nd.  We spent a week in anticipation of surgery.  It went well other than the first few rough days and then we anticipated the removing of the stitches.  That happened today.  The doctors were very pleased with the look of things and they did indeed remove the stitches.  I started the quilt for our bed and it's going to take a while to finish.  Quilts usually get finished pretty quickly in my studio but my anticipation is dragging out a bit on this one.  I also have 2 show quilts that will be ready any day now and those will have to be bound and finished for the Quilt Show in late July.  Back in March or April, my sister decided that we needed to spend the 18th of June, which would have been our Dad's 70th birthday, together and somewhere fun.  She got us great seats to see Wicked last Friday night in Dallas.  Anticipation for that began when she ordered the tickets.  We had lunch on Friday at the American Girl Store (don't even get me started on what I'd buy, if I could, in that place), swam with the kids at the hotel, went to give Mr. Jobs some money for the coolest toy ever, Mom and I had a great dinner at a deli in Dallas before the show and then the wonderful music of Wicked.  It was all I anticipated and more.  Saturday morning I took the long way home so that I could visit some quilt shops.  Very fun for me!  I even conducted a mini-class at one of the shops on a cool way to make any striped fabric into a quilt - didn't anticipate that but sure enjoyed it.  This week Shelley and I are leaving early Friday morning to drive to the Texas coast by way of 3 towns with quilt shops we want to see and then we will drive home Saturday via a different route to take in a few more.  Serious anticipation there!  Sunday is my birthday party - I know, it's the anticipation theme again.  I am taking Monday, Tuesday and Wednesday off and I have something planned for each day. I'm pretty much on anticipation overload.  I love having something new and unusual to look forward to but right now, I'd like to look forward to not much.  I'm just wondering if others have ever felt this way. Leave me a comment or two to describe. . . 

2 comments:

  1. I think I'm in good shape when I have one "something" to anticipate ... right now that one something is your birthday party ... yayyyyy

    ReplyDelete
  2. Now I've got the song stuck in my head...
    An-ti-ci-pay-ay-shun, it's keeping you way-ay-ay-ay-ay-ting!

    ReplyDelete