Sunday, December 5, 2010

Sunday Nights and Other Stuff

We have fallen into a really cool routine.  It's called Sunday Night Dinner at Our House.  Tonight all 4 boys, Desiree, her boys Ayden and Ashton and Grandma and Grandpa were all here.  Ayden and Ashton come every other week when they are with Morgan and Des and now Curtis has arranged his schedule so that he can be here on Sunday nights as well.  The grandparents come when the don't have church commitments on Sunday evening.  I am loving it!!  When I know Ayden and Ashton will be here, I try to plan something for them to do.  Tonight we decorated the house for Christmas.  Ayden and Des set up the Nativity set, Morgan and Ashton put ornaments on the tree and I put up the stockings.  My house is ready for Christmas - except for that shopping thing I still need to do - and it looks great.  Since we had so much to do, we ordered pizza.  Normally we cook. Roast is a hit and so is almost everything Hollis cooks.  I'm thinking about chili for next Sunday.  I really enjoy planning it and I love having them around me. 

Clayton will be back in New Braunfels permanently in a week or so.  It looks like he and Harris will be sharing a house right down the road from here.  How cool is that?!?  I see lots of Sunday Night Dinners at Our House as the weeks and months go by.  Maybe sometimes we can eat at their house - we shall see.  Morgan and Des and the little boys have gone home now but the other 3 are in the living room watching cartoons with their dad.  There is a very nice rhythm to it all. Here are some photos from tonight. 

Des and Ashton playing with "the big phone"

Clayton and Grandma



Curtis

Ayden, Des, Ashton and Morgan (with Grandpa in the background

No comments:

Post a Comment