Monday, July 5, 2010

Summer Reflections - 2010

I think it's much cooler this summer. There are facts to back it up but I can just feel how much cooler it is than last year. We had nearly 60 days over 100 degrees last year. We have higher humidity this year, but I am really enjoying the cooler afternoons. Mom, Kate, Chelsey and I floated down the Comal River last weekend and it was sure warm enough for that. I don't mind at all if we wait another week or two, or even until August for triple digits. The tradeoff for this coolness, besides the rain and greenery and flowers, is the mosquitoes. They are abundant and mean as ever. Ahhhhh - balance. . .

The New Braunfels Quilt Show entitled Holiday Magic, will be the weekend of July 23-25. I hope you'll come if you can. It's going to be a great show. I hear there are well over 200 quilts in the show. We have vendors, silent auction and lots of inspirational works of art. It is held at the New Braunfels Civic Center on Seguin St. I have 3 entries in the show. I'll post photos of them when the show is over. It's lots of fun getting ready for the show. Hope to see you there. . .

We are getting used to having just one dog in the house. It's just not the same. Cricket seems lonesome but I may just be projecting that on to her. My kitten, Batik, is very cuddly and entertaining so I'm trying not to be so sad. I can hear the cicadas outside. Must be summer time. . .

No comments:

Post a Comment